Friday, April 25, 2008

Miracle Myx's Swan Song

.
"The pen is mightier than the sword!" Myx said.

"I recognize the line, but--"

"That's from the 1839 play Richelieu by Edward Bulwer-Lytton."

Myx loves to show off his photographic memory. His synesthesia allows him to effortlessly retrieve words, images, voices, and even movements that he's experienced for the briefest time. I usually find it easiest to play along.

"That may be interesting to some information-starved recluse, but not me!" I blurted. I guess I wasn't in the mood to play along today.

"You want me to tell you how I fit that info in with this setting, Dave. Admit it!"

"I'm not the slightest bit curious, Myx," I said. I thought about it for a few seconds while framing the shot--then lowered the camera and asked: "OK--what's that line got to do with a swan?" Dammit!

"A pen is a full-grown female swan," Myx said with a flourish.

"That's a female?"

"Not the first time you've asked THAT question--is it, Dave?"

See more of Myx's powers in the book trailer!

Get your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

1 comment:

Janee said...

Dave, you made me laugh... again! I just love your blog and your humor. "That's a female?" LOL!

I keep going to the bookstores here and your book isn't here yet! They say "It's on the way!" Can't wait to have it in my hot li'l hands!

Always me, Janee