Saturday, April 19, 2008

Miracle Myx Gets Checked Out

.
"SShhhh!"

"Myx, this is a photo; there's no need to be quiet," I said.

"I was doing the 'library' thing. Yanno--how librarians tell you to keep it down?"

There was a strange stereophonic quality to Myx's voice as it came from multiple directions. Copies of MIRACLE MYX had arrived, and we were visiting the Framingham Public Library. The librarians there graciously welcomed me and Myx, making me feel like a real author amidst the multitude of time-proven classics housed there.

"You get to pose with the ladies today, Myx!"

"I like Harriet," said the Myx to my far left.

"Yeah, and--"

"Well, I like Phyllis," said the Myx next to the first.

"You're not--"

"I think Carrie is nice!" chimed in Myx, the third.

"You all don't have to--"

"Deb is actually reading me!"

"She's got you open, but I think--"

"Look how Lucy is holding me--with respect, Dave--respect!" said the Myx second from the right.

"Is that what you're calling it. I would--"

"Clare knows how to treat a book, Dave--take a lesson!" said the last Myx.

Dealing with just one Myx wears me out, but six! There would have been seven, but an important phone call tore away the last of our group. Maybe a seventh voice would have driven even me past my endurance for a daily Myx fix.

Suddenly, all six asked: "Where's Kelly?"

"SShhhh!" I shhh'd, and snapped this photo.

Watch further exploits Myx has in the book trailer!

Get your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

No comments: