Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Miracle Myx Makes News

.
"So now that you've gotten me up," Myx said, "what's the big news?"

We were just down the street, at the corner vending machine; I was shivering a little in the pre-dawn darkness.

"How do you get someone up that doesn't sleep?"

"Would it kill ya to play along?--I am by sitting here on top of this dirty thing," Myx said.

"Good point. Well--the news, my potent-paged friend, is that you've been nominated for an Alex!"

"This is where I play along and ask what that is--even though I know--so our readers can get filled in?"

"We each have our roles, Myx."

"Gee, Dave--an Alex? An Alex? Oh my God! Really?--an Alex? Can it be true that--"

"OK--enough. You always overdo it! Yes, MIRACLE MYX has been nominated for the American Library Association's Alex Award, given annually to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults.

"But--I'm REALLY an adult novel, if you know what I mean--and the nomination ...."

We looked at each other in the dark and cold for a few seconds, and then said as one:

"We'll take it!"

Reward yourself by watching the book trailer!

Buy your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

DaveWritesBooks.com

No comments: