Saturday, February 2, 2008

Miracle Myx Lets It Slide

.
"Can you hurry it up?"

"You want me to capture all your natural beauty, don't you?" I replied.

"Hmmm ... when you put it that way--hurry it up; it's freezing out here," Myx said in a familiarly impatient tone.

I had to admit: it was cold. We had been getting single digits at night for a while, and it barely rose out of the twenties during the day. The wind was whipping, too.

"I think the ice is cracking!"

"Myx, it's been below freezing for weeks now. I don't think there's any water left--it's all ice, all the way down." I was proud of my exaggeration, even though I knew it had no effect on Myx.

Just then there was a loud, muffled "unk" from below my feet. This happens when ice expands and then something has to give somewhere. It poses no danger, but is unsettling nonetheless.

"I'm outta here!"

"Right behind ya," Myx said.

Miracle Myx

Dave's MySpace!

No comments: