Thursday, February 7, 2008

Miracle Myx Gets Hot

.
"Es caliente adentro aquí."

"Myx, you're not still mad at me for being out in the cold, are you?"

Sometimes, Myx's synesthetic memory worked against me by having him keep a grudge longer than necessary. On second thought, maybe even a normal memory would be enough to recall some of the antics I put MIRACLE MYX through.

"Me plazco a estar adentro, usted idiota."

"You know I don't speak any language other than English--if you don't count a little pig Latin. But, I didn't like the sound of that," I said.

Myx was obviously influenced by the atmosphere of the little Mexican restaurant we were dining at. His fantastic memory made him a natural polyglot (yeah, I looked it up!).

"Ese salsa parece delicioso."

"Are you talking about the food? I caught the last word anyway," I said, trying to keep up at least a little bit.

I loaded a chip with salsa and popped it into my mouth. I wasn't ready for the sudden rush of spices and ended up coughing and sputtering--my eyes watering.

"Si usted estrangula, no le estoy dando el Heimlich," Myx said--I think unsympathetically.

I asked the waitress, who was passing by, what Myx said. She told me he wanted me to know I was on my own if I choked.

Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myx, mi corazón arde por ti!!
Y ahora el Dave tiene corazón arde :)

-Kris



Relax a while at Stella Dieci Mini Spa!
www.stelladieci.com

Cheryl Tardif said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Tardif said...

Oops...try again.

Okay, Dave. I need a crash course in Spanish. My hubby and I are going to Puerto Vallarta for a week--on the 22nd. Shhhhh...

So, back to Spanish.

I know Ole, Ola, salsa, mohito,pina collada, fajitas,tortilla,tacos...senor, senorita, por favor,gracias...uh...(ok 'uh' isn't Spanish)..

Oh and I know two complete sentences...

Hay dos banos en mi casa.
Mi casa es su casa.

Somehow I don't think I'll get too far with those. :)

Cheryl
aka Senora Tardifio lol

Cheryl Kaye Tardif,
author of Whale Song