Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Miracle Myx Croons

.
"It's quarter to three..."

"Myx, you know it's later than that," I said.

"There's no one in the place 'cept you and me."

"Of course we're alone. Are you feeling OK?"

"So set 'em up Joe--I got a little story I think you oughtta know."

"Joe?"

We were under a lamp, and I have to admit there was a lonely air to this pre-dawn scene. But, something triggered this strange dialogue from Myx. I'm sure I would find out what was going on sooner or later. Later would be worse for me.

"We're drinking my friend--to the end of a brief episode."

I finally got it when Myx started singing--imitating Sinatra. The classic scene of him with the hat and the overcoat under the streetlamp. Funny how things prompted Myx to act.

"Together, Dave," Myx said.

"Now?"

"Now is good," Myx said.

And, on a cold and lonely morning in the middle of Massachusetts, Myx and I finished up "One For My Baby" in the glare of the light.

"So make it one for my Baby--and one more for the road."

Get your copy of Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

No comments: