Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Miracle Myx Is Grave

.
"Death, the one appointment we all must keep, and for which no time is set," Myx said.

We were at the Southborough grave of Warner Oland, an actor famous for his portrayal of Charlie Chan from the books by Earl Derr Biggers.

"You're doing quotes by Charlie, I see, Myx."

"Hasty conclusion like gunpowder. Easy to explode."

"Wuddaya mean, hasty? I'm just stating what I see is the obvious truth," I said.

"Grain of sand in eye may hide mountain."

"Sometimes you really try my patience, Myx."

"Kindness in heart much better than gold in bank."

"What do you think about being here with the great Warner Oland?" I figured this would cure him of his quotitis.

"Role of dead man requires very little acting."

Nope--it was hard to stump Myx--him having that damned synesthetic memory that let him effortlessly dredge up the most obscure sights, sounds, and feelings he had witnessed.

"Myx--"

"Greeting at end of journey like refreshing rain after long drought."

"I was just going to say I got the pic, and now it's time to go, Number One son."

Myx was unusually quiet for a few seconds, then ...

"Dave?"

"Hmmm?"

"Am I really your Number One son?"

Always, Myx ... always ...."

Get your copy of Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

No comments: