Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Miracle Myx New Year!

.
"This is it, isn't it?"

It was unlike Myx to ask such an open-ended question. Usually he wanted some specific information, and framed his words to funnel your answer directly towards his immediate need. This was different--he sounded thoughtful. I could either be a wiseass and berate him in our usual banter, or use my ol' Diotalevi charm and vast knowledge of psychological insight.

"Howzat?" I said. Pretty good--eh?

"This is the year I'll be born--you know."

"Myx, you've been born many times," I said. I didn't want this to start sounding religious or new-agey, so I expounded. "First you were an idea in my mind, then I wrote you, then an agent loved you, then a publisher loved you--now all you have to do, when you're published in the spring, is get some readers to love you. Piece of cake!"

"Wise man say, 'Easy cake often sought after by crumby people.'" Myx smiled.

"We'll be fine in 2008. Look at all the nice viewers who are appreciating your adventures," I said. We were getting plenty of fun feedback about this blog.

"Speaking of 2008--shouldn't we ...?"

"Yeah--on three: one--"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!" Myx shouted.

Miracle Myx

Listen to Dave's New Year Message.

No comments: