Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Miracle Myx Ponies Up

.
"You said I could ride," Myx said.

We were in front of a merry-go-round in the Emerald Square Mall. It twirled in the background while Myx got ready to complain. Sometimes I wondered why I even took MIRACLE MYX along with me--until, of course, I remembered yet again that Myx was the center of the activity.

Still, it was nice to think back to when I could just go out on my own and--

"Dave, you told me I could ride in the swan seat."

"That was to get you to pose nicely in front of the merry-go-round," I admitted. Myx could "see" your voice with his synesthesic abilities and tell if you were lying--so I had to be careful how I phrased things when dealing with him.

"Carousel--it comes from the Spanish 'carousella' and began as a contest between Arabian and Turkish riders in the twelfth century. It was a sport that finally became a ride."

Myx's photographic memory led him to spout odd facts at me at odd times. He probably flipped through some book full of arcane knowledge once and all the facts and pictures stuck with him.

"This ride requires a ticket, which requires money. Our blog budget is ... let me think ... ah, yes--ZERO! So no merry-go-round or carousel or whatever-other-word-you-dredge-up ride for you," I said.

"I'm not leaving till I get my ride," Myx said with that tone I knew too well.

Miracle Myx

Dave's MySpace Fun 'N Facts Page!

No comments: