Monday, January 28, 2008

Miracle Myx Gets Flagged

.
"What do you know about the Massachusetts state flag, Myx?"

I thought one way to keep Myx in a good mood was to give him a chance to show off his encyclopedic synesthetic memory. If he ever saw or heard something--be it in a book or a chance conversation--a word-for-word recitation was only a millisecond away for Myx Amens, youth turned sleuth.

"On a white field is a blue shield emblazoned with the image of a Native American, Massachuset. He holds a bow in one hand and an arrow in the other. The arrow is pointing downward representing peace. The white star represents Massachusetts as one of the original thirteen states. Around the shield is a blue ribbon with the Latin motto: 'By the Sword We Seek Peace, but Peace Only Under Liberty.' Above the shield is a arm and sword, representing the first part of the motto," Myx droned with a museum-guidelike presentation voice.

"You made that up," I kidded.

"Maybe I should design a flag for Miracle," Myx said.

Miracle, Massachusetts was where Myx lived--and where all the trouble happened in MIRACLE MYX.

"Everyone should have a hobby." I knew the moment I said it that Myx would take it as a challenge.

"Maybe my hobby could be telling what I know about you, Dave!"

"Errr ... maybe that wouldn't be a good idea," I said a little breathlessly.

Miracle Myx

Dave's MySpace!

No comments: