Friday, January 4, 2008

Miracle Myx Goes Shopping

.
"You realize it's 6 degrees and windy out here, don't you?"

Myx was stating the obvious to me. In the Boston area, we were having a cold snap--like anything exposed to the cold could snap off if the right leverage was applied. Still, when you're a leader, you have to set a good example for the troops. (The depressing part was that I'm the leader of one troop--a book!)

"It is a bit brisk, but we should be done in no time," I said with just that air of assurance in my voice--the one that never fooled Myx with his synesthetic listening.

We were at BJs Wholesale, an airplane-hangar-sized building with all sorts of items at bargain prices--if you wanted to buy a 3-month supply of something all bound together in a plastic wrapper.

On the way out, I couldn't pass up giving MIRACLE MYX a quick ride in the carriage. I'm sure other shoppers thought I had just bought the book. Okay, I was sure they thought all sorts of other stuff. None approached me--and I'm such a friendly guy, too.

"Are we done yet?"

"Almost, I have a few more positions for you," I said.

"I have a position for you!" Was that a chatter in his voice?

Miracle Myx

Visit Dave's Myspace

No comments: