Saturday, January 5, 2008

Miracle Myx Memorial

.
"He was a good guy," said Myx.

Today would have been Dr. Michael Aronoff's 65th birthday. He never made it this far; he passed away from brain cancer on October 2nd of last year.

"I'm shaking hands with him in August of '06. That was just a few days before he was diagnosed out of the blue," I said. Michael and his wife, Janee, traveled the country often in their RV and had stopped in Massachusetts to visit me before heading back to Bloomington, Indiana.

"That's you when you first buzzed your hair off," Myx said.

"Well--Michael had to have his head shaved for an operation, so I did the same in solidarity. I sent that pic to prove I did it! Big of me, eh?"

"Dave, there wasn't that much left to --"

"That last picture is when I visited Bloomington this past August. We went to the Indianapolis Zoo on the hottest day of the year. I wheeled Michael around and we really enjoyed the day."

"He read me first, didn't he?" Myx asked.

"Michael was your first fan, Myx. He always asked about what stage of publication we were in."

"He was a good guy," Myx said.

Then ... we were quiet.

Miracle Myx

Dave's Myspace

No comments: