Friday, January 18, 2008

Miracle Myx Has Company

.
"Who's the new kid?" Myx was using that tone.

We were at the Fatima Shrine in Holliston, a wonderful, restful, peaceful retreat from the outside world. At Christmastime, there was always a colorful display of lights that drew big crowds for a month. Walking the frozen grounds to see the outdoor displays was always a marvel, a hot cocoa afterwards--always a welcome delight.

I thought this was an ideal setting for Myx and his new friend!

"Actually, Myx, you're the new kid," I said.

"Huh?"

"I wrote GOD'S QUESTIONS many years ago after meeting Mark Victor Hanson and W. Clement Stone. I told Mr. Stone I wanted to write a book--he shook my hand, looked me square in the eyes and said: 'Dave, you can do it!' And, within a few months, it was done."

"Nice story, but isn't this blog about ME?"

I decided to continue with my nice story instead of responding.

"I later sent the raw manuscript to the great Og Mandino, who was from Natick here in Massachusetts, for your information, Myx."

"I know Og Mandino," Myx said, "he wrote THE GREATEST SALESMAN IN THE WORLD and other inspirational stuff. So what did he do--tell you it stunk and to get lost?"

"Err ... no, he actually called me up and said 'Dave, this has to be published!' So, finally it was!"

"And why exactly am I here with it?" Myx sounded weary--or acting that way.

"Enough people have asked me if I wrote anything besides my now famous MIRACLE MYX [would it kill you to play along here?], so I thought I would show them where they could get my other published book. So ... here's the commercial for it."

***********************
God's Questions: Prayerful Answers for Daily Life
***********************

"Can we get back to just me now?"

"Myx, from now on--it's all you all the time!" I almost convinced myself!

Miracle Myx

Dave's MySpace!

No comments: