Friday, June 13, 2008

Miracle Myx Remembers

.
"I bet you can't name them all," I said.

"It's kinda cute sometimes--you know ... how you try to build some tension to make things interesting," Myx said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Myx." I used my huffy voice.

"You challenge me to name all the stores in this outdoor mall, and yet--you're the one that describes my memory in MIRACLE MYX. You, better than anyone knows what I can do."

Years ago I had read a book by a psychologist that described how a subject of his perfected an almost-perfect memory for the tiniest details. This person used his synesthesia to weave a complex web of sensations that correlated facts until they were retrievable down to the minutia. I had wondered how a person with this ability would act in a mystery. After I wrote MIRACLE MYX, I wondered no more.

"So you're saying, Myx, that you can name the stores easily?"

"Name the store--and every item and price in any store you dragged your sorry ass into today," Myx said.

"Sorry?"

Remember to watch Myx's book trailer--again!

Read Myx for YOURSELF!

DaveWritesBooks.com

No comments: