Friday, June 27, 2008

Miracle Myx Bullies

.
"And so, my friends, I want you to--"

"Myx, do you have to use that stentorian voice?" I asked.

"Do you even know what that means, Dave?"

"Do I ever use a big word that I haven't recently looked up--because I can't remember them for more than a few days? So, yes, I know what that means."

"Tell everyone about how you made a resolution to read the whole dictionary a couple of pages a day for a whole year until you finished a 750 page volume--and you finished it at the end of November of that year," Myx said.

"I don't think they--"

"And how all it did for you was what?"

I knew Myx only wanted to embarrass me. So, I might as well quickly admit the outcome of my well-intentioned experiment: "The end result was that I still couldn't remember what the uncommon words meant, but it would give me a little shot of joy when I recognized a word in print and say 'Hey! I read that in the dictionary!' Satisfied, Myx?"

"My friends," said Myx in that orator's voice again, "you see before you a man whose dreams exceed his--"

"That really is a bully pulpit, Myx," I said.

Look up Myx's book trailer!

Read Myx for YOURSELF!

DaveWritesBooks.com

No comments: