Friday, June 6, 2008

Miracle Myx Quests

.
With a dead-certain tone, Myx stated: "You're gonna do that Grail thing, aren't you?"

"What gave me away?"

"Errr ... you always said this reminded you of the Grail--even though it's really a chalice or ciborium. And, no--I'm not going to tell everyone what a ciborium is."

Myx had anticipated my next prompt, but I let it go.

"Yeah," I said, "I think this epitomizes the seminal idea for the Grail quest: to view the Grail uncovered."

"I bet now you're going to say the quote," Myx said.

Myx was talking about a snippet from one of Joseph Campbell's talks--one that had seized me twenty years ago, one that I had copied onto a tape and listened to hundreds of times, trying to realize its inner meanings. It had become a meditation ... a contemplation. He was describing an ancient carving of a figure.

"In his lap is a cornucopia and from it pours inexhaustibly ... the food--that's the Grail. The Grail is the vessel of inexhaustible vitality; it is that ... fountain in the center of the Universe from which the energies of Eternity pour into the world of Time. That's the Grail."

"You want me to say the last line with you?" Myx asked.

"You know me too well, Myx; let's go!"

"It's in each of our hearts--that same energy."

Quest over to Myx's book trailer!

Buy your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

DaveWritesBooks.com

1 comment:

Karen Harrington said...

Yes, I do like. This must explain your jump in sales. The heavens are kind to Myx today!

K