Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Miracle Myx Mounts Up

.
"Tally-ho!" I said.

"Do you even know what that means, Dave?"

I thought that since the Kentucky Derby had just been run, this was a good chance to use an equestrian setting.

"I know part of it," I answered.

"Which part?" Myx usually asks questions only to trip me up.

"The 'ho' part! I said. "Gotcha!"

"Figures. Tally-ho was an old Norman phrase used by William the Conquerer while hunting stag. It's used now during fox hunts. Also used by pilots in situations about spotting air traffic."

Myx, as always, was a wealth of information--all of it interesting, but very little of any use in daily life unless you're going of Jeopardy.

"You're not going to post that pic of you at Churchill Downs, where the Kentucky Derby is run?" Myx asked. Myx's voice implied that this would be a shameful thing to do.

"No," I said. Myx would never know--unless YOU told him.

Race to see Myx's book trailer!

Buy your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

DaveWritesBooks.com

1 comment:

Karen Harrington said...

See, now that I've read the book, I understand what Myx is talking about on your blog. Doh!