Saturday, May 17, 2008

Miracle Myx Blooms

.
"I think I stand up rather well against the colors, don't you think, Dave."

"You're here on a beautiful day, surrounded by these lovely flowers, and all you can think of is how you look?--that you won't be overshadowed?"

"You say that like it's a bad thing!" Myx replied.

"I forgot who I was talking to. I suppose you'll have some obscure fact about tulips for us," I said.

"Obscure to you, maybe. I won't bore you with--"

"Thank goodness!"

"--with any of the scientific jargon." Myx didn't even react to my interruptions any more. "But--tulips are originally from the Ottoman Empire, not from Holland as we all seem to think. Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan--this is where they came from, and were bought to Holland in the 16th century. The muslim word for gauze, tulband, was turned into 'turban' and the Dutch thought tulips looked liked turbans--and there you have it!" Myx seemed happy with his dissertation.

"You're not going to tell the joke, right?"

"The joke? The one about what's better than roses on a piano?" Myx couldn't resist.

Watch Myx's colorful book trailer!

Buy your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

DaveWritesBooks.com

No comments: