Monday, December 24, 2007

Miracle Myx is Gifted!

.
"What if someone walked away with me?"

"Myx, I was right there; everyone saw I had a camera and was taking a photo." Several people had stopped and were watching me put my lone book under this huge Christmas tree.

"I won't be under many trees this year," Myx said.

"That's because Kunati Books isn't going to publish you until the spring."

"What do we do until then?"

I wondered where Myx was going here, but decided to just give a straight answer: "We do what we're doing--try to show you off in an entertaining way. The more people get to know you and your personality, the more comfortable they'll be that you are actually a good read."

"And when they see me in a book store...?"

"They'll look around for me and my camera!"

In a barely audible voice, Myx said, "Gee--I hope I'm good enough so lots of people put me under their trees next year."

"Why, Myx ... are you showing me your tender, thoughtful side ... or it it false modesty?"

"False modesty."

"Thought so."

Miracle Myx

No comments: