Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Miracle Myx Gets Caned

.
"You definitely want me to fall again." Myx sounded sure.

"Again?"

"Yeah, like in the phone booth. I went to the floor like a lead ball."

"That was unfortunate." I wanted to build back Myx's confidence while he balanced on the newspaper sticks. I didn't need another slip to damage his tender cover. "I learned from my mistake and am sure you'll do fine here."

We were visiting the Framingham Library, filled as usual with questing patrons and helpful staff.

"Yanno, if you shuck the newspaper off one of these things, it would make an evil weapon," Myx said. "A whack across the ass would--"

"I'm sure that's never happened," I said.

"You don't think some stern librarian has ever disciplined a naughty patron with a couple of good swings with one of these babies?"

"What?"

"Nothing." Myx sighed ... and balanced.

Miracle Myx

No comments: