Monday, December 10, 2007

Miracle Myx Goes All Frosty On Us


"It's nice to be inside," said Myx.

We were at the sumptuous digs of the Stella Dieci Mini Spa. It did feel good to be inside. The temperature hadn't climbed above 23 degrees for almost a week.

"The last couple of days, you had me freezin' my ass off out there," Myx continued.

"A book has an ass?" I said.

"A book has a spine, which is more than I can say for--"

"What did you think of Frosty?" I thought that was a good place to interrupt Miracle Myx.

"He's tall. I can say that for him. I don't appreciate being towered over, yanno."

"You're making new friends--that's all that counts." I tried to sound positive and convince Myx this book tour was a good thing. "What did Frosty say to you?"

"Dave, the doll's an inanimate object--it doesn't talk."

I couldn't tell if Myx's tone was concern or disdain.

Here I was talking to a book, so all I could come up with was, "Errr ... right."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frosty was sick of all those rag mags, so I'm glad you both stopped by with your new novel. I hope next time you can take a moment for a massage...sounds like Myx could use one for sure!