Thursday, December 13, 2007

Miracle Myx Gets Religion


It was the last day of Hanukkah and we were visiting the Natick Collection.

"You took this photo pretty fast," Myx said.

"I would say I was respectfully efficient." There were crowds of people streaming by us, and as usual, giving more than a casual glance at the sight of a guy taking pics of a book.

The good part for me is that if they ask what I'm doing, it gives me a chance to talk about the book and tell them to buy it in the spring when it's published. The bad part for them is that either their eyes start glazing over or are filled with
that "lemme outta here" look.

"This reminds me of the scene with Myron in the book," said Myx. "He was the best tattoo artist in Miracle, Massachusetts."

"He was the only tattoo artist," I added.

Myron, a.k.a. "Dragon," played a small but pivotal role in the mystery--and also highlighted an important religious conflict.

"Part of me follows a Jewish custom," Myx said.


His voice had that baiting sound to it. He wanted me to play along, and I debated whether to do it. I lost the debate.

"What part?"


Miracle Myx

No comments: