Saturday, March 22, 2008

Miracle Myx Gets Stuck

.
"OOWWW!"

"Quit complaining," I said.

"This is a bad idea!"

"Our readers will love this shot, Myx," I said. Maybe I was projecting a little too much.

"OOWWW!"

"Come on--I set you down there as gently as I could."

"My ass!" Myx grunted.

"Why don't you dazzle us all with your knowledge by telling us what kind of cactus that is, Myx?"

"URRFF!"

I took the photo and gingerly lifted Myx off the cactus. Wuddaya know? Many of the cactus needles had embedded themselves into the flesh of the book--not only between the pages, but some had even injected themselves into the thickness of a single page for more than a quarter of an inch. It took some time to pick them all out.

"Prickly pear cactus," Myx said. His voice was raspy and tired.

"Hmmm?" I mumbled, distracted by my cactus needle extractions.

"And, Dave, speaking of pricks ...."

Get your OWN copy of Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

1 comment: