Saturday, March 15, 2008

Miracle Myx Gets Rockie

.
"What are you doing in the photo?" Myx asked.

"I thought I'd show I was out here in Tucson too!"

Myx, for all his complaining about having to take a daily photo for this blog, was pretty possessive about the spotlight. Any time anyone or anything else shared the pixel acreage, Myx let me know about it. That included me double!

"You got a lotta ... errr ... nerve wearing that Red Sox hat around here," Myx said.

We were outside Hi Corbett Field, the spring training home of the Colorado Rockies in Tucson. The Rockies were coming off a fantastic 20 plus-game-winning streak at the end of last year's season--only to go on to a heartbreaking 4-game sweep in the World Series by my Red Sox.

"They probably won't notice my hat, and I'm sure it's all forgive and forget," I said.

"I'm not going with you to the exhibition game tomorrow yanno--especially if you wear the Sox shirt along with that hat. You're gonna be a stranger in a strange land, Dave."

I had tickets for the Rockies vs. Angels game the next day. Of course I was going to represent the Red Sox in a show of good sporting fun.

"I'm sure everyone will greet me with the respect due the World Series Champions," I said.

"What planet are you getting transmissions from, Dave? And, I'm beggin' ya--don't say that line you've been trying out."

"You mean: 'This is the fifth Colorado Rockies exhibition game I've seen--counting the 4 World Series games!'"

"That's the one. Who's gonna take care of me after you get your ass kicked?" He sounded serious.

Get your copy of Miracle Myx

Dave Diotalevi MySpace!

No comments: